The Best Winter Tires for Pickups in 2023-2024
Finding the best winter tires for your pickup has never been easier! The experts at PMCtire.com have meticulously selected a range of LT tires for you, offering the best value for money and suited to various ¾-ton and 1-ton pickup models (Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ram, Sierra and Silverado 2500 or 3500). Regardless of your needs or budget, PMCtire guarantees the compatibility of the proposed tire models with your pickup and offers free shipping*.
Our Pickup Tire Selection
Each year, manufacturers introduce new tire models to the market. To help you navigate this ever-changing landscape, Dominic, our tire expert, has analyzed dozens of products and selected the top five winter tire models for pickups.
What type of winter tires are best for your pickup?
Several types of winter tires should be considered:
- Studded Tires: These tires are equipped with hundreds of metal studs integrated into the tread. They offer extra traction on ice and hardened snow. We recommend them if you primarily drive on icy or snowy roads.
- Ice-Optimized Tires: These tires use special rubber compounds that remain flexible at very low temperatures, as well as specific tread patterns to maximize traction on ice. They are an excellent option for areas where icy conditions are frequent.
- Snow-Specific Tires: These tires are specially designed for optimal performance in deep snow. They have wider and deeper tread blocks for better traction and snow-clearing ability. These tires are particularly recommended in the context of pickups used by building professionals.
Our Pick for Winter Pickup Tires
Given the abundance of new tire models introduced each year, our expert Dominic has analyzed several dozen products and identified the top five winter tire models for pickups. With this selection, you can be assured of having the best tires to face the winter with confidence.
Dominic's First Choice: Goodyear WinterCommand LT
Topping our list, Goodyear's studdable tire ensures safe and reliable driving throughout the winter season. Here's what sets this tire apart:
- Exceptional traction on snow and ice thanks to a tread that remains flexible even at low temperatures;
- Impressive durability;
- The proven reliability of the Goodyear brand.
More details on the Goodyear WinterCommand LT
Click here to view the Goodyear WinterCommand LT
Dominic's Second Choice: Hankook Winter i*pike (RW11)
We've placed Hankook's Winter i*pike in second place for their performance in varied winter conditions and driving comfort. Their main strengths are:
- Excellent traction on snowy or icy roads;
- Innovative tread pattern allowing better grip on ice;
- Ability to efficiently repel snow for safer driving.
More details on the Hankook Winter i*pike (RW11)
Click here to view the Hankook Winter i*pike (RW11)
Dominic's Third Choice: Cooper Discoverer Snow Claw
Dominic had a soft spot for these tires, mainly because of their very good performance in deep snow. Here are their strengths:
- They guarantee exceptional traction, whether on snow or ice;
- They offer excellent performance, including in deep snow conditions;
- Their remarkable longevity.
More details on the Cooper Discoverer Snow Claw
Click here to view the Cooper Discoverer Snow Claw
Dominic's Fourth Choice: Firestone Winterforce LT
A model proven over many years, Firestone's Winterforce LT are winter tires that stand out for their constant and reliable performance in all winter conditions. Dominic chose them for the following features:
- Good traction on ice and snow;
- Assured driving comfort, even in difficult winter conditions;
- Firestone brand's reliability and durability.
More details on the Firestone Winterforce LT
Click here to view the Firestone Winterforce LT
Dominic's Fifth Choice: General Grabber Arctic LT
Finally, Dominic recommends General's Grabber Arctic LT for their excellent value for money. Here's what makes them strong:
- Solid performance on ice and snow;
- Remarkable durability, making it an excellent investment for winter driving;
- Excellent value for the price, with the reliable quality of the General Tire brand, which is a subsidiary of Continental.
More details on the General Grabber Arctic LT
Click here to view the General Grabber Arctic LT
Automotive expert & Spokesperson