Bluetooth technology in your Tesla's tires
All new Tesla vehicles come standard with features such as blind-spot monitoring, collision warning and emergency braking.
Similarly, the Tesla Model Y, also has wheels equipped with a device using Bluetooth technology that evaluates their pressures. This tire pressure monitoring system, Bluetooth TPMS, which is exclusively found on the Model Y, is installed inside the wheel replacing the valve, which increases safety.
At PMCtire, we have TPMS from Tesla, specifically designed for your Model Y or Model 3 (2021). This system is designed to deal with pressure variations related to temperature changes and the friction caused by these variations, but more importantly, to detect a puncture that could lead to loss of control of the vehicle.
The benefits of proper tire pressure in your tires will result in:
- Better energy efficiency;
- Better road grip;
- More effective braking and active safety (ABS brakes, traction control and stability control);
- Reduced risk of aquaplaning, thanks to a better evacuation of water accumulated on the roadway;
- Greater comfort;
- An increased life span of the tires;
- A tire replacement cost spread over time.